This is more than just trivia questions, this is QUIZ SHOW!
Up to 10 players (or teams) can buzz in to answer. Features: Import/export questions, customize the logo, built in sound effects and animations. This is the easiest way to turn your next game night into a TV game show.
A quick look at how the game looks and some of what is possible.
GAME PLAY VIDEO TUTORIAL
This tutorial video will show you how to host and operate the game. Use the menu at the bottom of the screen to help you quickly jump to different topics.
This is what the players see.
This is where you control everything.
1. Game Screen - Turn on the gameboard
2. Logo Loop - Play logo video
3. Sliders - Adjust music and sound FX levels
4. Custom Logo - Add your logo to the logo loop
5. Clock - Edit game time or turn off the clock
6. Buzzer Timer- Edit how long ccg.buzz is live
7. BKND Alpha- Turn off the background (to reveal custom graphics)
8. Reactions - Editable reaction videos
9. Edit/Play - Click edit to edit or load questions
10. Winner - Play the “winner” animation
11. CCG.BUZZ - Generate a room code to connect web buzzers to the game.
12. Title - The name at the top of CCG.buzz buzzer
13. Show Code - shows the code on the game screen
14. Show Names - Turn off the names from CCG.Buzz (helpful to filter out bad words)
Click a point value to reveal the question.
Correct- Press Up arrow key
Wrong - Press Down arrow key
Back to Gameboard - Press Spacebar
EDIT/PLAY - Import questions
Click EDIT to edit, import, export or create questions. Files are saved as .tsv file so you can share with your friends :) The .tsv files do not like "returns" let the text auto wrap on its own, if you add a "return" you can break the file. To fix a broken .tsv file, open it in a text editor and look for the "return", delete its and save.
We have some question sets below you can download and use.
INTRO (HOST SCRIPT)
"Welcome to Quiz Show, the funnest trivia game on the planet!
We are going to put 5 minutes on the clock. The team with the most points, when time is up or the board is cleared, will be our winner.
The game board is made up of 5 categories with 5 questions in each category.
Let's look at the board. (reveal the game board points)
And here are our categories... (reveal and explain each category)
Now remember, if you buzz in and get the question wrong you will loose those points.
Player 1 pick a question...
--- GAME SETUP ---
The "Screen" button at the top right of the control screen will turn the game screen on. If you have multiple displays connected it will also let you select which screen you want the game on. Windowed mode is a great way to play the game on a single screen if you want to practice.
HOW TO SET UP BUZZERS & 2nd SCREEN
This game is way more fun if you have buttons to buzz in. The players will be using the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0 number keys to buzz in. Connecting buzzers that will send those keystrokes to the games is our favorite way to play. Here is a video that shows how to connect buzzers to a game.
More info, tutorials, and where to buy wireless buttons.
CCG.BUZZ is a great way to buzz in from anywhere on the planet. If you would like more info on CCG.BUZZ, check out our CrowdBuzzer page.
QuizShow V3 now has CCG.BUZZ integrated right into the game. You can set up everything at the bottom of the control screen. Any name you have in the leaderboard will be sent to CCG.BUZZ and will appear in the teams pop up menu.
When you are ready to play just click the CCG.BUZZ "ON" button. This will generate a game code and send your team names. Then tell your players to go to CCG.BUZZ and enter the game code.
To make it easy on you just click "ON" the "Show code on screen" button. This will display the web address and game code in the top left of the game screen so everyone can see it.
--- STUFF TO HELP YOU OUT ---
This is a great resource to use to train volunteers or to help remember the basics before you go on to host. All the basic info on 1 piece of paper.
Right Click and "Download" these question sets to use in your next game. Put them in the CrowdControlGames/QuizShow folder in your computers Documents folder.
There are 2 ways to customize the games look.
- "Custom Logo" will let you add your logo into the logo loop.
- "Background Alpha" will turn off the background layer of the game. This will reveal any image below the game. So simply changing the computers desktop wallpaper will let you change the look of the game. If you want to get really fancy you could also play a video under the game to have an animated background. Use Quicktime Player/ Youtube /OBS / etc... set to full screen and hit loop. So many possibilities.
Here is a .psd template and some images (from Unsplash.com) to get you started...
Holiday Questions, Backgrounds and Logos
Thanks for being awesome!